Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Login failed for IUSR after IIS reinstallation

verbverb Posts: 14Member
I have Windows XP Pro SP3. I had to uninstall and reinstall IIS. The problem is that now I cannot connect to sql server 2000 from an asp page using the Internet Guest Account (IUSR) (although I changed nothing is the sql server settings, where the user ERICIUSR_ERIC is declared as a db_owner in my database). I am receiving this error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80040E4D)
Login failed for user 'ERICIUSR_ERIC'.

But I AM able to connect to sql server using a username and a password.
In other words, this connection string works:

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=MyDB;Data Source=.;User Id=MyUser;Password=MyPass;

and this does not work:

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;;Initial Catalog=MyDB;Data Source=.Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False

What can I do to connect with the second connection string?

Comments