Database for beginners? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Database for beginners?

Hello all! I am in my second year of college now and am looking into creating a program with a database. I have little knowledge though when it comes to working with databases and have decided to use MS Access for it. However i have no idea, and cannot find online anywhere, a simple instruction of how to connect to the database.

I know roughly it is to do with the ADO pieces but that is all.

All i wish to do is connect to the database, and be able to send information that has been inputted in edit boxes, to the database. And also to retrieve information from the database and display it to the user in edit boxes, or labels.

Does that make sense? Everything i have found always shows you how to display your data in a table which is not what i want to do!

Many thanks for any help, i honestly have spent way over a month now trying to figure this out, and my teacher simply told me that maybe i should work with text files instead, Rather than helping me!!!

Thanks again!

Comments