Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Windows CE boot logo

Hi!
I have developed a kiosk type device using Windows CE 6.0 and a custom application. I was wondering if it is possible to display a custom image instead of "Starting Windows CE ..............." text at WinCE boot up time.

Regards,

Matjaz

Comments

• TesMisbahTesMisbah Posts: 4Member
    Yes you can do that.

you need to copy the bmp file to the location in flash. The location shall be specified in your BSP. BLShowLogo() function shall copy the image from flash to ram and that shall appear on LCD screen at boot up.

To copy the image to flash you need to write your own interface, if you can tell from where you want to download your bootup logo file it would be easy to help you.

Thanks
    Misbah
  • matjazkarizmatjazkariz Posts: 2Member
    Unfortunately I couldn't find any reference to the function BLShowLogo() on the internet. Since you mention BSP I presume that it is a platform and not Windows CE feature. Can you tell me what hardware are you using?
    Can you please give me an example on how did you do it? Lets say that the image has been copied to Windows folder.

Regards,

Matjaz