Help Me Decide

Hi there , i'm a planning to develop a 2D game for PC platform and later port it to some console if time permits. Now i have to take a decision between the two API's. I know that if develop on Directx i can only port to XBOX 360, and at the same time if i choose to develop on openGL i guess i have options like porting to PS2,PSP , mobiles and even WII(of course with major modifications).i Want Your advice on the two API's and which to decide for now

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You're only partially right. With DirectX, you're stuck with Windows and XBox/X360. With OpenGL you can hit up Windows, Linux, Mac, PS2/PS3, Wii, and any other platform that uses the API, not just consoles! I also find that OpenGL is much easier to learn and understand. A lot of DirectX code is so difficult to follow that it's a pain to rework somebody else's code.
    -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]