Getting started with game development - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Getting started with game development

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me out. I want to get started in game programming. Currently I am learning how to use C++. Can anyone geve me advice on where to go next. I am only a begginer and new to programming. I would really like to gain skills in programming. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• : Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me out. I want to get started in game programming. Currently I am learning how to use C++. Can anyone geve me advice on where to go next. I am only a begginer and new to programming. I would really like to gain skills in programming. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You've got another 2 years or so before creating the simplest kind of game. The next step is deciding that game programming is for you and that you are dedicated. Even the most advanced programmers can't easily make games. People don't realize all that's involved. The only suggestion is ... GET BOOKS AND STUDY.

-Sagat

• It will take you a month to learn if you learn 2 lessons every day which takes about an 1hr 1/2 for each lesson.Look at me,I'm Al from gamewinners making beutiful web pages

URL:www.gamewinners.com

• SEE...

Game Development is just a CakeWalk...

cus once u have understood...how to make MAPS...

SPRITES... etc... u just get it pal!!!...

thats how i did it!!!

i started of with making a small PUZZLE... and enede up making PACMAN in two weeks...

recently i have made a TIC TAC TOE game with a WHOLE lot of AI...

so now u get it!!!... all u gotta do is

plan wot u want... think of the LOGIC... PUT it on papers... and then convert it into any programming language u know.. i think QB or VB is quite cool for u!!!

any Qs just mail me at [email protected]

• PASSION, passion for gamming, passion for programming.

You need to ask yourself this question, and you need to be honest with yourself. ARE YOU STILL GOING TO BE PROGRAMMING AND MAKING GAMES IN 2 YEARS TIME? If you don't know, you will know in 2 months time.

The best way to stay interested is to find somone of a similar age who shares your interest, and just program together. (E.G. just some up with a concept like making a bouncing ball program and work on it together)!

So good luck to you and have lots of fun!

Cheers

--DarkMore