Sharing an Ajax Request Page - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sharing an Ajax Request Page

Falkon303Falkon303 Posts: 2Member
Greetings all.

This method uses the same php page to handle all ajax requests,and should be saved as "index.php" accordingly. I am not sure of the security implications, but if anything, I feel this is very handy. Also, I hope you find the usage of "serialize()" as useful as I have. This example requires php, and also the scriptaculous library -

<? if ($_POST['indreq']){echo "regresponse[target]Request Recieved:".$_POST['indreq'];} ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "">

Woot for Ajax!

window.onload = startfunctions;
function startfunctions()
{$('send').onclick = function() {request();}}
function request()
{new Ajax.Request('index.php', { method: 'post', parameters: { indreq: $('form1').serialize()}, onSuccess: function(p)
{target = p.responseText.split("[target]");$(target[0]).update(target[1]);}})}

label {font-size:11px;color:#333333;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
input[type=text]{border:1px solid #333333;font-size:11px;color:#333333;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
input[type=password]{border:1px solid #333333;font-size:11px;color:#333333;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
input[type=button]{border:1px solid #333333;font-size:11px;color:#333333;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;}
#regresponse{color:#003300;font-size:11px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}