Streaming Audio from one PC to another over a Local Network - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streaming Audio from one PC to another over a Local Network

I did search before I posted this and could not find a solution to my problem.

I would like to stream Audio one way from one PC to another.

This code I have included is a modified version of MS Voice Chat from the Visual Basic 6 CD.

My project contains WaveStream.dll as the WaveStream.cls ClassModule.
So the application does not require the actual DLL what so ever, and it's easier to make mods to the code.
But I have included Microsofts original source code for the DLL.

These are the only formats I can get to work...
8000Hz. 8bit, Mono
11025Hz. 8bit, Mono
22050Hz. 8bit, Mono
8000Hz. 8bit, Stereo
11025Hz. 8bit, Stereo
8000Hz. 16bit, Mono
8000Hz. 16bit, Stereo << Works for a few seconds then... Run-time error - Type mismatch at ...
[color=Red]Call .SaveStreamBuffer(Index, ExData(Index))[/color] in the WaveStream.cls ClassModule

I have tried everything to get better quality but with no luck, it's a bit out of my leage in VB.

I am trying for [b]44100Hz, 16bit, Stereo [/b]which should Stream through the Router at about 200kbs.

Delay in the system is not a problem, as long it is constant.

Any help would be abosolutly fantastic, thanks in advance for even looking.

• BriansBrainBriansBrain Posts: 4Member
    I attached a zip with my first post but I could not see it so I will try it again.
    Thanks to everyone looking, but I now have found a solution.
  • addankivishnuaddankivishnu Posts: 1Member
    Hi to all,

I am new to this forum. I am from C# background.
    i want to hear audio(like conversation in system) from one system to another.
    the main requirement like ... in call center, executives makes conversation with customers. in that the leader/admin monitors the conversation in live from their system and if necessary they may record the conversation also.

please help me.
    Vishnu Prasad

I found my solution here