Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Streaming Audio from one PC to another over a Local Network

I did search before I posted this and could not find a solution to my problem.

I would like to stream Audio one way from one PC to another.

[PC-1]------>------[Router]------>------[PC-2]

This code I have included is a modified version of MS Voice Chat from the Visual Basic 6 CD.

My project contains WaveStream.dll as the WaveStream.cls ClassModule.
So the application does not require the actual DLL what so ever, and it's easier to make mods to the code.
But I have included Microsofts original source code for the DLL.

These are the only formats I can get to work...
8000Hz. 8bit, Mono
11025Hz. 8bit, Mono
22050Hz. 8bit, Mono
8000Hz. 8bit, Stereo
11025Hz. 8bit, Stereo
8000Hz. 16bit, Mono
8000Hz. 16bit, Stereo << Works for a few seconds then... Run-time error - Type mismatch at ...
[color=Red]Call .SaveStreamBuffer(Index, ExData(Index))[/color] in the WaveStream.cls ClassModule

I have tried everything to get better quality but with no luck, it's a bit out of my leage in VB.

I am trying for [b]44100Hz, 16bit, Stereo [/b]which should Stream through the Router at about 200kbs.

Delay in the system is not a problem, as long it is constant.

Any help would be abosolutly fantastic, thanks in advance for even looking.

Comments