Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

Hello,

I hope the content of this post is within the decorum of this forum, and I hope the replies I get will help others also.

I've been a software developer since 1967, hence the name PapaGeek! In my previous position we used visual studio 6 and we did most of our programming in C with a little MFC thrown in where needed to access web pages and databases. My new position is going to require knowledge of .NET and Visual Studio 2008 with all of its bells and whistles, including the use of a lot of 3rd party add on's like boost, etc.

My question is one that has been asked many times before, "How do you teach an old dog new tricks?" I learn best by watching videos while actually doing what is shown in a separate window. Can someone recommend a good video learning series to take an old geezer like me from a very solid C background into the new world of C# and .NET?

Thanks in advance for any replies

PapaGeek

Comments