Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Digital output for mp3

Please bear with me...

I own a minidisc recorder and am tired of the hiss i get when recording from the pc soundcard.

The minidisc has an OPTICAL (digital) in which records noise free.

Since a mp3 player has to send the sound digitally to the sound card(probably in parrallel), I was wondering whether anybody could write a program that would take this digital stream , serialize it and send it to the parallel; USB or Serial port. (To one of the pins)

A LED could then be connected to the desired port's output pin. Theoretically it(led)would then

flash the digital code (in the same format as Hifi digital output) so that my minidisc could record this digitally and noise free!!!

Thanks for you patience...

Cornelis van Rensburg

Cape Town , South Africa

Comments

• : Please bear with me...

: I own a minidisc recorder and am tired of the hiss i get when recording from the pc soundcard.

: The minidisc has an OPTICAL (digital) in which records noise free.

:

: Since a mp3 player has to send the sound digitally to the sound card(probably in parrallel), I was wondering whether anybody could write a program that would take this digital stream , serialize it and send it to the parallel; USB or Serial port. (To one of the pins)

: A LED could then be connected to the desired port's output pin. Theoretically it(led)would then

: flash the digital code (in the same format as Hifi digital output) so that my minidisc could record this digitally and noise free!!!

:

: Thanks for you patience...

: Cornelis van Rensburg

: Cape Town , South Africa

:

:

Haai Corenelius.

My naam is Daniel de Jager van JHB, 'n rekenaarwetenskap student by RAU. Ek is regtig geintereseerd in die convertion proses vanaf CD na WAV en dan na MP# en die konvers.

Kan jy dalk help? Enige websites wat 'n ou alles kan leer?

Daniel de Jager

B.sc IT (RAU)