Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DirectX Video in a picturebox

polakospolakos Posts: 1Member
I am trying to show a slideshow that has the ability to play movies. The slideshow works fine (runs off a timer). I added a picturebox and made a directx video its child. When I run the slideshow, the pictures show up fine until the movie comes. The movie plays, but the last frame of the movie covers the picturebox and allows no more pictures to show. Below is a code snip. I was wondering if anyone knew why the picturebox does not resume normal operation after the video object is disposed?

//In timer tick function
switch (ext)
{
case "jpg":
pictureBox.Visible = true;
pictureBox.SizeMode = PictureBoxSizeMode.Zoom;
pictureBox.ImageLocation = currentPacket.thePayload.file;
pictureBox.Invalidate();

//Setup timer for next slide request
myTimer.Stop();
myTimer.Interval = (double)(pkt.thePayload.duration) * 1000;
myTimer.Start();
break;

case "mpg":
pictureBox.Visible = true;
videoDisplay = new Video(currentPacket.thePayload.file, false);
videoDisplay.Size = pictureBox.Size;
videoDisplay.Owner = pictureBox;
videoDisplay.Ending += new EventHandler(videoDisplay_Ending);
videoDisplay.Play();
myTimer.Stop();
break;
}

//This function starts the next slide when the video stops playing
void videoDisplay_Ending(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
SlideTimerTick(null, null);
//Setup timer for next slide request
myTimer.Stop();
myTimer.Interval = 5000;
myTimer.Start();
}