Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Error in connecting Oracle 11g from MS Access

kruti kansarakruti kansara Posts: 19Member
Hello,

I am trying to connect to my Oracle 11g database from MS Access query in .mdb file which is as below.

Select col1, col2, col3 From
[odbc;driver={microsoft odbc for oracle};server=ServiceName;uid=UserName;pwd=PassWord].[TableName]
[code][/code]

[u]But it gives me an error 'Reserved error (-7778)[/u]; there is not message for this error'. [u]Also, when i changed connection parameter[/u] (eg, uid or pwd etc), it will [u]give me odbc error[/u] in connection. Does it mean that Oracle connection is done succesfuly, but there is any problem in fetching data from Oracle?

I have install 11g enterprise edition on my system winxp; and install ODBC and OLEDB providers with that.

I can run such query with Oracle 9i.

Did i do any mistake with Oracle 11g installation?

Please help.

Comments

• neeraj_netneeraj_net Posts: 1Member
    Hello,

I am trying to connect to my Oracle 11g database from MS Access query in .mdb file which is as below.

Select col1, col2, col3 From
    [odbc;driver={microsoft odbc for oracle};server=ServiceName;uid=UserName;pwd=PassWord].[TableName]

But it gives me an error 'Reserved error (-7778); there is not message for this error'. Also, when i changed connection parameter (eg, uid or pwd etc), it will give me odbc error in connection. Does it mean that Oracle connection is done succesfuly, but there is any problem in fetching data from Oracle?

I have install 11g enterprise edition on my system winxp; and install ODBC and OLEDB providers with that.

I can run such query with Oracle 9i.

Did i do any mistake with Oracle 11g installation?

Please help.