Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Somewhat Noob help... User insert array and random number function

SivySivy Posts: 1Member
alright a couple of problems, one of them is that I can't stop this 0 from appearing in my random number array.

[code] public override string ToString()
{
Console.Write("this is the array: ");
int i = 0 // I know that it prints out this 0 and i+1 doesn't work

while( i < boolSet.Length)
{
if (boolSet[i])
{
Console.Write(" " + i);

}
i++;
}
Console.WriteLine("");
return base.ToString();
}
[/code]

and I also need the array to check if the number is over the array max and min but it doesn't work, this is the constructor

[code]
public set(int[] intSet)
{
this.boolSet = new bool[101];

for (int i = 0; i < intSet.Length; )//doesn't stop the over number thing
{

if (!(intSet[i] < 0 && intSet[i] > 100))
{
boolSet[intSet[i]] = true;
i++;
}
else
{
Console.WriteLine("This doesn't work");
}
}
}[/code]

every array goes through it.

Also.

can't figure out the best way of making this into a function in Main
[code]
int[] randomSet = new int[101];
int[] randomSet1 = new int[101];
Random num = new Random();

for (int i = 0; i < 9; i++)
{

randomSet[i] = num.Next(0, 100);

}

for (int i = 0; i < 9; i++)
{

randomSet1[i] = num.Next(0, 100);

}

set rSet = new set(randomSet);
set rSet1 = new set(randomSet1);

[/code]

Comments

• DataDinkDataDink Posts: 135Member
    So for your first question:
    What??? does the code below your question have anything to do with your question? is boolSet your array? - where does it come from? what are you trying to do, why are you using a "while" loop instead of a "for" loop? and what 0 are you talking about? If you don't want to print 0 then i=1;

For your second question:
    for (int i = 0; i < intSet.Length; ) <--- is incomplete you really should be putting your incrementor in there.
    (intSet[i] < 0 && intSet[i] > 100) <--- will never ever be true

For your third question:
    Are you trying to "make a function in Main" as in you want to create a delegate? - because "Main" is usually a method, and the only way to make a method inside of another method would be something like a delegate.
    Is the goal of this function to just create two new arrays of random numbers with 101 spaces but only 9 filled in? What part of this are you having trouble with?