Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

get url from firefox

aesir05aesir05 Posts: 9Member
how do i get the current url from firefox including tabs?? i already managed to do it in ie with the use of shdocvw as reference but it won't work on firefox. please help.

Comments

• DataDinkDataDink Posts: 135Member
    You'll have to explore the firefox API or maybe write a firefox addon to communicate with your software.

You can always screen-scrape it - but this is not a desired solution.

What is your ultimate goal - perhaps there is another approach someone could suggest if we knew what you were doing with the data?
  • aesir05aesir05 Posts: 9Member
    I'm creating a parental control software and it's part of identifying if the site is inappropriate for the child. My goal is to identify if that url from firefox is inappropriate.