how to get a separated iTunes libary for two iPods with one computer? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to get a separated iTunes libary for two iPods with one computer?

Hello,
I am wondering if there is possibility for one PC with two iPods users with different iTunes libraries?
Here goes a case:
I have an itunes account (for my ipod touch) and I've just bought my son an ipod touch so we are using the same computer. At the moment itunes syncs his ipod touch as if it is mine, my songs history etc. How do I sort it out so she has he could own ipod profile separated from mine since we have different music flavour?
Any idea?

Comments

• threedoorsthreedoors Posts: 1Member
    A same case as mine-both me and my brother are using a same PC with two iPod-my iPod touch and his iPod shuffle. We have been walking a long way to make a separated library for ourselves since we don't have same style in music taste-i love rock and he likes to listen to pop. And we worked it out finally using a third-party program-[link=http://www.aniosoft.com/aniosoft-itunes-to-itunes-transfer-backup/10-applicable-cases/56-two-ipods-with-one-itunes.html]Aniosoft iTunes library[/link],with which both me and my brother not only can backup our own iTunes library but also in a proper way with the library's internal metadate,playlists,ratings and etc which we required. The backup files of iTunes library could be able to be recovered and restored later to any iTunes(authorized or not) W/out any change and risk in itunes'layout and arangement including its playlists simlpy through synchronizing it to the iTunes whenever we needed. our habit is often like:for me i backup my iTunes library on disk D and sync it to the public iTunes used by us when i need;and my brother store his iTunes library on disk E.
    so i think it's worthwhile to use a program to transfer your iTunes library from one computer to another one since you requirement that the playlists,ratings should be retained. So try the Aniosoft iTunes transfer and it'll possibly work out for your case.

• Siennaamelia81Siennaamelia81 Posts: 3Member
    There are more number of ways, using the tools built into iTunes and your operating system, to make managing multiple iPod's,i pads and iphone on one computer easier.

Create different user account for each person using a computer, so it will create a nuclear space in the computer for each person.
    by this each person with their own Username and password, can install whatever programs you like and you have an authority to chose your preferences,
    Thus, each user has their own iTunes library and sync settings for their iOS device.Easy to understand,(relatively) easy to set up.

with Multiple iTunes library you won't get music,apps, or movies mixed and won't end up with someone else content on your iPod or iphone.

If you need the music you want on your iPod or iphone.
    Sync a playlist of the music you want is one way to do it.

Get more info from apple support forums
    There are more number of ways, using the tools built into iTunes and your operating system, to make managing multiple iPod's,i pads and iphone on one computer easier.

Create different user account for each person using a computer, so it will create a nuclear space in the computer for each person.
    by this each person with their own Username and password, can install whatever programs you like and you have an authority to chose your preferences,
    Thus, each user has their own iTunes library and sync settings for their iOS device.Easy to understand,(relatively) easy to set up.

with Multiple iTunes library you won't get music,apps, or movies mixed and won't end up with someone else content on your iPod or iphone.