Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Programmers training

Hi Guys

I would like to develop web based database/applications.

I would like to develop websites, web based database type applications and web based forum applications

I am a total beginner into this field and would like some help with training.

There are several things out there like PHP,.net,mysql,SERVOY...........

Can somebody suggest the best platform/language for this type of job?

I am planning to take some training and then hopefully get started.

John

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    I assume you know how to write your own HTML. If not, you have to learn that first. CSS and a little JavaScript would be helpful eventually but not needed to move on to the next learning steps.

Use PHP and MySQL because they are free and widely available.

Follow through some w3schools.com tutorials to study PHP, MySQL, and get that stuff installed on your computer. Get Apache HTTP Server installed on your computer along with PHP and MySQL. This will help you test and debug your practice projects as you learn.

Learning PHP and MySQL can take a while but nothing worth having comes without hard work.

Eventually, publish them to a free or paid web hosting service so they can be shown to potential employers and made available to the general public.

• david_janedavid_jane Posts: 4Member
    I just add some thing. When you start to learn a language, make sure which version it is. Never learn from a resource which avoids mentioning versions it may be HTML or MySQL or PHP. The version is very important matter. You can check the original manual of languages as well as databases and also try http://www.w3resource.com
    Thanks.
    I just add some thing. When you start to learn a language, make sure which version it is. Never learn from a resource which avoids mentioning versions it may be HTML or MySQL or PHP. The version is very important matter. You can check the original manual of languages as well as databases and also try http://www.w3resource.com
    Thanks.
    Thanks.
  • JosephObrienJosephObrien Posts: 7Member
    Before undergone to web development field, you should have mastery of HTML,java script and also well control in function, oops concept,class,inheritance and many more...

Now a days PHP is tepidly growth in across the world....But finally it is depend on you that in which language you are interested...

Thanks