Problem with socket program in VB.net - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem with socket program in VB.net

kamlesh_sj08kamlesh_sj08 Posts: 1Member
Hye friends,

I am facing one issue related to socket program written in VB.NET (2008 + 3.5 framework) since long time....I am having a socket server application which
accepts the connection...It accepts 800 connection without any problem but after that it throws exception saying...."Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. : mscorlib : 0"
After this exceptions it stops accepting any further connections even if all the connected clients gets disconnected. Same case
happens if single client continuously connects & disconnects at an interval of 3 sec. After 2 hrs. it throws same exeption.
I am using Windows 2003 server + 2 GB RAM. If anyone faced same problem pls help...