Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Spam on forums

What is being done about it?

Obviously the captcha isn't stopping it. Is there a captcha when you register as a new user?

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    [color=Blue]This is mostly on un-moderated forums. Looks like I have to take care of Assembler forums moderation.[/color]
  • anthrax11anthrax11 Posts: 511Member
    I could do the asm forums if you don't want to. It's been on my mind for some time.
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    Only because moderators manually delete 10 spam messages per day... it has been going on all summer and it is getting tiresome.
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    Ok I'm giving up moderation of the C/C++ forums until the spam filters are fixed. The moderator tool is very crude so you can only delete one post at once.

Again, it is utterly embarrassing that a [b]programming[/b] site can't fix mundane anti-spam tasks.
  • DataDinkDataDink Posts: 135Member
    I'm about done posting answers on the C# forum if you guys can't get the spam under control or even answer or give any kind of response to webmaster mails, reports, or whatever -

Is this entire site completely abandoned by its owners at this point?

• nathanpcnathanpc Posts: 9Member
    I want to be a moderator of the Assembly forum, but as i can see, the forum is abandoned and there are many spams!
  • nicolainicolai Posts: 9Member, Administrator admin
    We are playing catch-up with the spammers at this point, but we should be rolling out some new things that should make this even harder for the spammers.

Problem is that a lot of the spammers are not bots, but people posting manually, which is pretty hard to manage with automated tools.

Appreciate your patience so far.