application pool on Apache

Hello!

I've got web application to be installed on the server. The server contains MySQL & Apache. Unfortunately web application was created for MSSQL 2005 and IIS 6.0 or 7.0. (By the way. I've got Windows XP Prof on server but I'd like to ask because of my curiosity - is it possible to run MSSQL applications on Linux servers?). I tried to run MSSQL on MySQL - without success (Console Terminal, MS Query Browser, DBConvert). I decided to install MSSQL Server 2008 in order to run .sql script files which are responsible for creating new database.

[b]But my question is somehow different. The other thing required for installation is to "create application pool". I found http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786585(WS.10).aspx but it is about configuring it for IIS. My question is - how to do it for Apache?[/b]

And about MSSQL. I just installed it. I run:
C:Documents and Settingsuseruser>osql -Usa -Ppassword -i "F:DataMyApplicationScriptsCreateDb.sql"
[SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2].
[SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Login timeout expired
[SQL Server Native Client 10.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found of not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.

Greetings!