Help Java Beginner :-)

Hi everyone out there,I need your help.
I just started to learn Java,as a result
i tried to install the JDK so that I can
compile my first "Hello Java" but I'm having difficult
time here.

The Problem is I went to this website( http://www.wikihow.com/Install-the-Java-Software-Development-Kit ) and follow every step and I install the latest JDK from the sun.Abd download Java SE and NetBeans Cobundle (JDK 6u14 and NB 6.7) Final Release.
The thing is when I start to the command mode or MS-dos mode and type the javac there seems it could not find the JDK.

Facts:-
a)in my C hard drive I have I had already the preceding files, which I saw it later
C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_14
C:Program FilesJavajre1.6.0_07
C:Program FilesJavajre1.6.0_04
C:Program FilesJavajre1.6.0_05
C:Program FilesJavajre6

b)on the same C drive I download the new JDK on
C:Program FilesMozilla Firefox
so in this directory I have
jdk-6u14-nb-6_7-windows-ml.exe.

I have list all this because on the above website it says,on the # 13
step,if I mess something my PC would crush or it's not going to be the same.So Please help me what should I do to avoid such problem and get started to learn a new world of Java :-)
Thank you so much

Comments

• Try better subject, please!

The javac (javac.exe) is in jdk's bin directory, e.g. c:Program FilesJavajdk...injavac.exe
  • It sounds like you need to update your PATH variable. Here is how you do it.
    [hr]
    Right click on My Computer, click properties, then advanced, then environment variables. Next, find the variable named PATH. Click the edit button. Move your cursor to the end and type
    [hr]
    ;C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_14in
    [hr]
    Be sure to type the semi-colon because that seperates the the different parts of the PATH variable.
    [hr]
    Don't feel embarassed, all beginning Java programmers have the same problem. I think Sun Microsystems should fix it to automatically update the PATH variable. If you need anymore help let me know.

System.out.println("Over and Out");
  • a tecnical team working for mncs is there to solve java problems. look at http://sunjavasnips.blogspot.com/