Using Split Property on TextBox - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using Split Property on TextBox

hollyquinnhollyquinn Posts: 1Member

I want to have a TextBox where the user can enter in emails and these emails can be passed to an SMTP function where it is added to the message as a CC. I'm using the below code to try and add a ; in between each email before it is passed to the function. The problem is, it doesn't work. It also doesn't throw any errors. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. If any other info is needed please let me know also. Thanks.

Dim mcc As String

Dim cccopy As String

mcc = nvarP7copy.Text.ToString

If mcc <> "" Or mcc <> String.Empty Then

Dim strCC() As String = Split(mcc, ";")
Dim strThisCC As String

For Each strThisCC In strCC
cccopy = Trim(strThisCC)
Next

End If

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    You code looks alright... but maybe the split command is messin' ya up. I would try using the split function that is built into the string class like this:

[code]
    Dim mcc As String
    Dim cccopy As String

mcc = nvarP7copy.Text.ToString

If mcc <> "" Or mcc <> String.Empty Then

Dim strCC() As String = mcc.Split(";")
    Dim strThisCC As String

For i as integer = 0 to strCC.Length - 1
    cccopy = strCC(i).Trim()
    Next

End If
    [/code]

See if that works for you, I am doing the same thing, just using the functions built inside the objects rather then the functions u were using
  • DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    Hi,

Firstly, how is the user entering emails into the TextBox?

The Split command will remove the ";" or semi-colons, NOT add them.

If the user enters something like.>>

[email protected];[email protected];[email protected]

What do you want to happen?

Regards,

Dr M.