Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to manipulate pixels/run embedded shader on DirectX 9 surface?

jadanOLjadanOL Member Posts: 2
Hi all,

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere, but I have looked and looked and haven't found anything. I am creating custom special effects for Vista's Movie Maker 6. I am able to successfully create .fx and XML files, and create working effects that way (I can even create a bitmap with my custom icons and assign them to my effects). What I want to do, however, is to create the effects in such a way that they are embedded in a DLL, like the packs by Pixelan software. I have downloaded the WMM SDK 1.0 from Microsoft, compiled the sample effect, and it works. What I don't understand, though, is how to get at the texture that is the video surface. For example, say I wanted to invert the colors. I know how I'd do this with a shader. So, is there a way to either create a string with the shader and technique in it, or to access the surface and invert the RGB values?

Thank you,
Jadan

P.S. - No, that's not one of the effects I want to do, but if I can figure out how to do that I can do pretty much anything I want to.