Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Insertion problem

omaragainontheomaragainonthe Posts: 1Member
I have set the EMP_ID column in my database as the Primary Key. I mean it has primary key on this column. And when I try to insert values in my database table from the form in then it gives me an error as:

"Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'Employees' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF."

So, how is the IDENTITY_INSERT set to on. Where it is actually located so that I can modify it and start to insert values into my table.

Moreover, when I remove the primary key from this column(EMP_ID) and uncheck the Allow Nulls checkbox then also my same problem persists.

Kindly help me out.

Comments