Rails in Java? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Rails in Java?

dhirajchdhirajch Posts: 2Member
Is it pssible to implement Rails in Java? ?

Comments

• VilanyeVilanye Posts: 684Member
    Well there are libraries around that try to mimic ActiveRecord and they succeed somewhat but using them really lays bare the clunkiness of Java.

I think the reason JRuby exists is because it would be next to impossible to write a flexible rails like framework in Java. You ever see JSP and Servlets? /shudder

Don't get me wrong, Java is a powerful language and great for lots of things it just isn't as flexible as Ruby.
  • EthanPalmerEthanPalmer Posts: 3Member
    In seriousness this sounds like a clunky at best effort. I really wouldnt wish JRuby on my worst enemy. Use both platforms for what they are good at. Is there a particular reason you would want a Java version of rails?
    Home based freelance RoR programmer & stay at home dad by day, fathers rights activist by night.

http://ohiochildcustody.org/