Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

VB6 Variable updates to current date

samuelmoneillsamuelmoneill Posts: 14Member
Hi,

I have written a vb6 program that deals with incoming SMS messages and processes the SMS string and stores it in a database.

One part that I take from the string is the date.

I have it connected to a Mysql 5.1 database and it stores the date in a date datatype in the database. Format : YY/MM/DD

I have 2 variables as follows in vb to store the date
Global date_stamp As String

I don't even declare the second variable db_al_date_stamp

Scenario

my program receives an SMS message say on 30/06/2009 .
This sets db_al_date_stamp as 30/06/2009 . Perfect!
It displays it in my program as 30/06/2009 . Perfect!
It sets date_stamp as 09/06/30 . Should be 30/06/2009

A new day comes and it is now 01/07/2009
program reads date from database 09/06/30 and updates db_al_date_stamp as 01/07/2009 . Do you know why this is?
Im not sure about date _stamp