How to Duplicate Records in VB6 using ADODB - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to Duplicate Records in VB6 using ADODB

bradlannonbradlannon Posts: 6Member
Hi All, I am slightly new to VB and I am having difficulty on creating a duplicate record and adding as a new record on same table. Here is what i'm looking for as I cannot wrap my head around how to do this.

I have a database with a dozen tables (ie. tblPage1, tblPage2, tblPage3, ..., tblPage13, tblCustomer, tblInspection ...) and I am looking to loop through all tables, and only duplicate 1 particular record (the one thats currently in focus from my combo box) and then add it as a new record.

Note: each column in the tblPage's are different in that one table would have several date and result columns and another tables will have less columns.

I have attached my MS Access database/vb below. The part that i'm working on is frmNewfromExisingInsp and I believe it may have something to do with Recordsetclone...

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

-Brad

Comments