Understanding php programming - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Understanding php programming

Garrett85Garrett85 Posts: 168Member
I'M reading a book on PHP 5 programming. I just finished a chapter 3 that ended with a rather simple game but code that was less that simple. Now, I may be able to figure out how it works by reading the books explanation and studying the code line by line very VERY slowly. But how do people get to where they and just read and write this stuff. Is my confusion normal? Like I said, I might could read this out a slowly figure out what's going on, but I couldn't turn around tomorrow and write another program like that without a LOT of help. There were four or five functions and some of them were intertwined. Is it just me? Am I not meant to be a programmer?
Also, I think I might stand a better change if I were taught how to write programs before I actually start writing the programs. As in planing it out. How many variables do I need, what should I make into functions and how many functions will I need. That type of thing. I've never read a programming book that taught the potential programmer to think like that. Some might have mentioned it, but they still just gave me the code and a less than satisfactory explanation at the end of the program code. Thanks for any and all reply's.