liberty basic interpriter - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

liberty basic interpriter

willydudewillydude Posts: 9Member
I want to creat a programming language with liberty basic but I don't
quite know how. I know how to make the commands and convert them into basic but I don't know how to get the program to anylise the user input from the textbox and figure out the valid commands. In simpler talk I can't get the computer to read the input. Somebody please please
help!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• HovcaHovca Posts: 1Member
    Okay so you have your syntax figured out but now you need the interpreter
    to work. I recommend instead of using your own interpreter to write the code you create a separate editor to save the code into a text file.
    After that use a command line program to get the file location and run the text file into the interpreter.
    example
    [code]
    'Find file loc.
    print "please type the file location!"
    input ""; fileloc$
    if fileloc$ = "" then filelocation$ = fileloc$
    open fileloc$ for input as #interpret
    ...Place
    ...Interpreter
    ...Code
    ...Here
    [/code]

• lanxianglanxiang Posts: 11Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • carolsmithcarolsmith Posts: 8Member
    The information provided on this page comes without any warranty whatsoever. Use it at your own risk. Just because a program, book, document or service is listed here or has a good review does not mean that I endorse or approve of the program or of any of its contents. All the other standard disclaimers also apply.