Algorithm for generating continents/islands - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Algorithm for generating continents/islands

RalfonsoRalfonso Posts: 1Member
Hello,

currently i'm programming a mapeditor. i want to include some nice scripts, which generate some islands/continents or other interesting shapes. the algorithm only need to tell me, if to set land on the field (x,y) or not. But in that direction i have no experience.

so if you can tell me some good internetsites or names of algorithm which can be used for this, i have a point at which i can start with the search. some example are also welcome, the programming-speech doesn't plays any role to me. so pseudocode will also be good.

i'm thankfull for every help.

yours
ralfonso