Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can't read .bas files, need to modify

pkbanipkbani Posts: 1Member
I have no experience in basic and just getting started, I have the need to edit a old program for my boss. He gave me all the files that he has. It's a bunch of .bas files and the .exe file of course. How do I look at the source code? I have tried notepad and winpedit but the files seam to have been saved as binary. this is program that does structural calculations and all I need to do is to add some features. I realize I might have to redo the entire thing but in order to do that I need to do some reverse engineering. I can't do anything if I can't even read the files. Any suggestions? I would really appriciate it if someone could help me figure out how to convert these to text.

this is what the .bas file looks like when I open it in Notepad:
TENSILE STRESS"

Comments