NCurses Help - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

NCurses Help

evanartevanart Posts: 1Member
Hi,

I have create an application using ncurses. This program is run from a boot disk and it is called immediately once the system boots from the boot disk. After the GUI is displayed using ncurses, the system is still loading some of the drivers or etc that print messages on the screen which overwrite my GUI. Is there a way to prevent the messages from overwriting my GUI?

Is there some function which I can call to refresh the screen during intervals automatically?
If it has to be done manually, I think I will need to call a separate thread to start a timer because once the GUI loads, I will call getch() to wait for user input.

Thanks.