Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

SQL Template vs LINQ to SQL

seblakeseblake Posts: 16Member
Viewing a LearnVisualStudio.NET Visual C# 2005 tutorial. I am using VS2008. 1/2-way through the lessons (8 of 16) I have a fairly major incompatibility issue. I am instructed to Add New Item->SQL Template...but the SQL template is not available in this version. I have been trying to read/research on which New Item Template I need to use and how to drag-n-drop the Northwind Products table from the Server Explorer page to the dbml "frame"...but I'm lost. I found an "Orcas" release video, but he assumes a higher level of experience than which I currently possess. (He utilizes CSS, etc.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!