Pascal Exam help - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Pascal Exam help

SoilahSoilah Posts: 1Member
Hi there, it seems that I like alot of other posters have found myself in a bit of a situation, i have a programming exam on Monday and we have been given the single worst bit of code I have ever seen in my life, im sure most of the others doing this exam know what i mean, and to make matter worse some idiot at school accidently deleted string.tpu and we have no back up so we're all using a totally new version of pascal that we don't fully understand.

Now to the problem, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to check through a sting to see if there is a intger or punctuation in the string.

we are using Turbo Pascal for windows and using wincrt and strings "uses" thingy.

anyone else using a Turbo pascal for windows i have worked out a way to convert from lower case to upper case.

Begin
Repeat
Write('Key in new phrase ...(letters and any Spaces) ');

readln(s);
for i:= 1 to length(s) do
s[i]:=upcase(s[i]);
ThisNewPhrase := s

make sure u add variable
i :integer;
s :string;

Comments

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    You should put this into a function called UpperCase() or ToUpper(), etc. Then you can use it anywhere in your code without having to retype it all the time
    [code]
    [/code]

[code]
    FUNCTION UpperCase( s : String) : String;
    VAR
    i : Byte;
    Begin
    UpperCase := s;
    End;
    [/code]

Also, for finding a persiod in a string you can use Pos()
    [code]
    Bsgin
    s := 'Hello.World!';
    WriteLn('period is at position ',Pos('.', s));
    End.
    [/code]
    For finding an integer, search through the string for a digit, then find out how many digits are in a row. Copy these digits into a new string and use Val() to convert them. I don't have much time right now, so you do the first part and the end will look like this:

[code]
    VAR
    s : String;
    Number,
    Error : Integer;
    {...}
    s := '321';
    Val(s, Number, Error);
    { Error will be 0 if the string is a number }
    [/code]