Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

scrollable window with child-windows

Hi,

first, what I need is a window + scrollbar as a parent "container" for child-windows. So that I can place outside the visible window-rect and scroll to make them visible. Or, to make a better picture, something like a listbox but instead of text-item I want to have windows as items.

I tried the static-, button-controls as parent window with the WS_VSCROLL-style and I tried a child-scrollbar-window as well.
But whatever I try, I never get any WS_VSCROLL-message -- only NCITEST and WM_LBUTTON usw. messages.

ok. here Is one variation with seperate scrollbar:

[code]
hwndPropertyParent = CreateWindowEx( 0, "button", "group", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, rAkt.left, rAkt.top, rAkt.right, rAkt.bottom, hwndControl, (HMENU)ID_PROPERTYPARENT, 0, 0);

hwndPropertyParentScroll = CreateWindowEx( 0, "SCROLLBAR", "", WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD | SBS_RIGHTALIGN | SBS_VERT, rAkt.right-20, 0, 20, rAkt.bottom, hwndPropertyParent, (HMENU)ID_PROPERTYPARENTSCROLLBAR, 0, 0);
[/code]

and another one with automatic scrollbar:
[code]
hwndPropertyParent = CreateWindowEx( 0, "button", "group", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE WS_VSCROLL, rAkt.left, rAkt.top, rAkt.right, rAkt.bottom, hwndControl, (HMENU)ID_PROPERTYPARENT, 0, 0);
[/code]

Does anyone see anything what can help me?
Thank in advance. Rob