Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Draw russian text

yifatyifat Posts: 1Member
hi all,
In my application i used the function CDC::ExtTextOut() to draw text but then i had a problems with text which is not english (few different languages).
To solve this problem I changed it to use the ExtTextOutW() func, and it worked (for Hebrew for example), but not for Russian text.
I know for sure that the text is fine when it gets to this point of code but when it appears on the screen - its gibberish.
(I know that vc++ 6 doesn't work with Unicode, there for i set the PC to use Russian when it has a non-unicode text, but it didn't solve the problem.)

Doe's someone know what can solve the problem?
Maybe I should use other function of writing? which?
Maybe I should transform the text to different form?
Thanks,
yif

Comments