algorithm for logarithm and nth root?? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

algorithm for logarithm and nth root??

Hello,

I'm taking a grade twelve computer programming class and we've been given about 20 fairly large programs to write over the last two months or so. I have managed to write all of them. But for one, string math, which is the addition/subtraction/division etc of large numbers using string manipulation using pascal, there is a bonus of including square root and logarithmic. I know how to do find the square root manually, but I dont know how to find logarithms using manually as pascal's built in functions dont support 255 string reprentations of numbers.

Does anyone out there know how the algoritim to find the nth root ( cube root, fourth root etc) and the algorithm for finding a logaraithm?

Comments

• : Hello,

: I'm taking a grade twelve computer programming class and we've been given about 20 fairly large programs to write over the last two months or so. I have managed to write all of them. But for one, string math, which is the addition/subtraction/division etc of large numbers using string manipulation using pascal, there is a bonus of including square root and logarithmic. I know how to do find the square root manually, but I dont know how to find logarithms using manually as pascal's built in functions dont support 255 string reprentations of numbers.

: Does anyone out there know how the algoritim to find the nth root ( cube root, fourth root etc) and the algorithm for finding a logaraithm?

:

Just check help on LN or EXP. If you know basics

you will know how to modify examples in help files and create your own function (to calculate log with any base).

Iby