Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Update a word with Perl after reading a file

Naveen_FaniNaveen_Fani Posts: 1Member
Hi I am new to perl..I havae rquire ment as follows
I have file name sample . and the data in the file is

DATE NO_OF_Occurs AMOUNT_IN_DOLLAR
----------- ----------------- --------------------
2-APR-2009 22 4625345

I need to update the dollar modify the dollar amount from "4625345" to "$4625345" . I need to modify this sample file by readaing this file from perl script..

I was able to get the line not able to pick the dollar word to update it, It would be great if some one help me out..

I need to write test.pl which read sample file and update teh dolar to have $ sign

Thanks,
Nav