Welcome to the new platform of Programmers Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use it's exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.
I'm getting back into application development after many, many years away.
My new application will:
1) Web based
2) Manage user registration and accounts [with security captcha code etc.]
3) Take money by either PayPal or credit card
4) User will upload a pdf file
5) My app will read the pdf and add the data to a database
6) My app will access this data, process it and create 2 reports: html shown in the browser & pdf downloadable version
7) Security: I don't want people to hack into the data and/or steal my application.
What platform should I use? .NET?
If so: Would the new 2008 studio fit my needs?
Any suggestions/tips/tools/controls that would solve my other needs and slash my developing time?
I'm quite comfortable with .Net [Delphi 7] and Access VBA.
However, D7 is so buggy and the support is so poor, that I really need to find another platform.
I literally live on a mountain in Taiwan, so I really have no one to ask.