Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

directdraw scaling problem

nirdilnirdil Posts: 1Member
Hi all

I'm trying to use directdraw to scale a high mega pixel video to a window size, but I fail on certain video cards.

The details are as followed:
Surface1 holds the original frames, 2144x976, RGB24, offscreen surface, in video memory, not overlayed.
Surface2 is the same just with a different resolution of 704x530.
When I blit from Surface1 to Surface2 the failure occures.
On tested Nvidia/Ati cards it all works fine, but on intel GMA cards I get a not implemented error response.

A few remarks:
1) On smaller source resolutions it all works fine and the scaling works as anticipated
2) Initially this blit caused a blue screen on workstations equipped with the intel cards, but after updating their driver, that was resolved
3) Looking through the card's directdraw capabilities I didn't find any relevant imposed scaling limitations or surface sizes limitations
4) Currently the only work around that I can see for this (without waiting for the blit to fail) is to check for the lack of flag NONLOCALVIDMEM and combine this with a certain resolution threshold above which the surfaces will be created in system memory

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Nir