Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Quesiton concerning the books i use for Assembly

Hi , I am interested in learning the internals of a Computer . hardware and software . That is how the hardware works and how the Software makes use of it . My interest fields are Device drivers , kernel programming and embedded technology .

These are the books i use and let me know of other ones .If they are of any good ?
I find them interesting ..thou the book i am using right now ..Dosnt talk much about Circuit design and those stuff.. its more focused on ASM and alittle Hardware Theory .

1)Introduction to Assembly Language Programming: For Pentium and RISC Processors (Texts in Computer Science) by Sivarama P. Dandamudi

2)Fundamentals of Computer Organization and Design by Sivarama P. Dandamudi(Next book i will study )

3) Guide to RISC Processors: for Programmers and Engineers (next book)

4) 80X86 IBM PC and Compatible Computers: Assembly Language, Design, and Interfacing Volumes I & II (4th Edition) by Muhammad Ali Mazidi and Janice Gillispie-Mazidi (this is the book i was thinking of doing later own .Once i complete the introduction to assembly . This book talks alot about interfacing and messing with the hardware . I also have to get my hands on a Device for the book its self ..Cost me 175 dollars to get . thats the device http://microdigitaled.com/x86/Hardware/MDE_LPT.htm

Let me know if these books are good to work with and if any other i should look into .. Anything that would help me with my goal of doing kernel programming , embedded and Device driver development ..

Thanks
Kaz