Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ATLbase error using both psdk & directx

fidogenialfidogenial Member Posts: 1
Hi All,

I using Directshow (Psdk) and directx SDK(NOV 2008) for my project and these are my settings in Visual C++ 6.0:

Tools->options-> Directories-> Include

C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT PLATFORM SDKINCLUDE
C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT PLATFORM SDKSAMPLESMULTIMEDIADIRECTSHOWCOMMON
C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT PLATFORM SDKSAMPLESMULTIMEDIADIRECTSHOWBASECLASSES
C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT DIRECTX SDK (NOVEMBER 2008)INCLUDE
D:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVC98INCLUDED
D:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVC98MFCINCLUDE
D:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVC98ATLINCLUDE

Tools->options-> Directories->LIB

D:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVC98LIB
D:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVC98MFCLIB
C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT DIRECTX SDK (NOVEMBER 2008)LIBX86

when i am trying to compile my code it gives me following error:

Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
d:program filesmicrosoft visual studiovc98atlincludeatlbase.h(5508) : error C2296: '>>' : illegal, left operand has type 'unsigned long *'
d:program filesmicrosoft visual studiovc98atlincludeatlbase.h(5510) : error C2296: '&' : illegal, left operand has type 'unsigned long *'
d:program filesmicrosoft visual studiovc98atlincludeatlbase.h(5957) : error C2296: '>>' : illegal, left operand has type 'unsigned long *'
d:program filesmicrosoft visual studiovc98atlincludeatlbase.h(5960) : error C2296: '&' : illegal, left operand has type 'unsigned long *'
d:program filesmicrosoft visual studiovc98atlincludeatlbase.h(5962) : error C2296: '&' : illegal, left operand has type 'unsigned long *'

Later i came to know that i cannot use recent editions of the SDKs with such an old compiler (visual c++). I tried finding directx 8.0 and directx 9 from 2000 to 2003 but i coundn't find any sdk . Please can you tell me where exactly i could find this version of directx..

please can you reply with link of the older version of directx or else you can send it to me at fido.genial@gmail.com

Thanks
fido