Bigener help needed to understand the basic - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Bigener help needed to understand the basic

libra900libra900 Posts: 5Member
hi friends,
i have done programming 4 years back and completely out of touch in last four year now i started again and i m learning php as self learner before that i never read this language so its completely new for me.i have done java so concept is not new for me.

my problem i have just tried one code through book which i m unable to understand how php processor is interpreting it here is code i coded from book

[color=Blue]<?php
$my_answer="41 is the answer to the prolem"
.Rajiv;
print("the anser is ....");
$arg=$my_answer;
function checknum($arg)
{echo("this is from inside the function.$arg");}
var_dump($my_answer);
checknum($arg);
?>[/color]

[color=Red]and Here is the out put i got[/color]

" [color=Green]the anser is ....string(35) "41 is the answer to the prolemRajiv" this is from inside the function.41 is the answer to the prolemRajiv [/color]"

could anyone help me to understand how i m getting string(35) eventhough i havent coded anything related to string(35) ?

i hope you will help me.
thanks for your time.
Libra900

Comments

• masud60masud60 Posts: 6Member
    [b]void var_dump ( mixed $expression [, mixed $expression [, $... ]] )
    This function displays structured information about one or more expressions that includes its type and value.[/b]

<?php
    $my_answer="41 is the answer to the prolem".Rajiv; [blue]// [red]1-[/red] the value is