Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Calculator

killhhakillhha Posts: 9Member
so i have this project for school to create a pascal program. i was thinking of making a calculator which can do stuff like cosine and all that stuff. like a scientific calculator. The program has to use crt because thats all weve learnt so far. im not an expert at pascal but i still understand some stuff like loops and menus and such. would the only way to make this be a menu saying stuff like 1) Plus, 2) Minus and so on? or is it possible to just enter in a whole line like 1+4 and then you get the answer? all i want is the basic layout of the program to start off with and then i can build it up.

Comments

• AtexAtex Posts: 268Member
    This is a simple calculator ( addition supported only ):[code][color=Blue]function calculate(s:string):string;
    var sl:byte absolute s; {lenght of s}
    a1,a2:real;
    i:byte;
    function to_val(si:string):real;
    var r:real;
    c:integer;
    begin
    val(si,r,c);
    to_val:=r;
    end;
    begin
    if sl>2 then begin {must at least 3 char long }