dataset-Insert/update multiples tables from one form entry - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

dataset-Insert/update multiples tables from one form entry

Help Me, Please..VERY URGENT

I have this cenario:

A form that will collect informations from a NewcomplaintForm.vb for complaint_table(ID as pk_key, complaintid, complainttype, date, desc, status, recommendation, etc..); complainant_table(Complainantid, last, first, etc..); offender_table(offenderid, last, first, etc..) dutyofficer_table(dutyofficerid, last, first, etc..) and insert data into these tables respectively.

when new complaint, check for complaint last and first name and identication, if exits, update/modify and create a new complaint document. if not exits, create new complaint doc.

Modify table structures:

Complaint-table
1)ID (Primary KEY)
2)ComplaintID (ComplaintID Should be autoincremented when new complaint, formatted as"00001" and attach current date to it)
3)ComplainantID
4)OffenderID
5)DutyOfficerID
6)ComplaintType
7)ComplaintDesc
8)Status
9)Recommendation
10)DateFiled

Note: The reason to format ComplaintID as (00001) is because I want to the current date to attach to it so it can become COMPLAINTID=00001022509 AS the compalintid. the first five 5 digits reset on NEW YEAR. How to do that

Complainant-Table
1)ID (Primary KEY)
2)LASTNAME
3)FIRSTNAME
4)ETC..

Offender-Table
1)ID (Primary KEY)
2)LASTNAME
3)FIRSTNAME
4)ETC..

DutyOfficer
1)ID (Primary KEY)
2)LASTNAME
3)FIRSTNAME
4)ETC..

And sql express, one can set pk_key as one of the option but not fp_key.. don't know how to set fk _key on a specific colunm yet on Sql Express

Once I set up the tables with their relationships, I can now have a dataset on them and drag them as details on the form. Mind you not all the columns and IDs I would want on the form and the form.
What to do on that?
And how can I insert/update/delete?

I need to accomplish the following:

1) CREATE A NEW COMPLAINT AND PRINT IT
2) SEARCH FOR A COMPLAINT BASED ON COMPLAINTID OR COMPLAINANTID, OFFENDERID

Please give me step by steps to get this done..
I am very new in this..