Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

When my browsers made smaller my webpage contents goes slap?

Hi Dean here i need help on a problem ive got, i'm quite new to web design around 9 month's ago i started and i'm getting pretty solid in css,and already skilled in html, but the problem is ive recentley built my first home page for a website i'm creating but when i make the browser small by pressing the (square at the top right next to red cross)so the browsers half the size, all the contents on my page go everywhere, for instance the banner at the top goes to the middle with a lot of the paragraphs all over the place, how do i stop this? ive already tried
body { width: 100%;
hight: 100%; }

any help from any of your guys will be much appretiated :).

Comments

• arunmsccsarunmsccs Posts: 1Member
    Hi,

Give your Link, or code it will helpful to fix the Problem.

Thanks
  • segsalertysegsalerty Posts: 2Member
    Try to impliment this Buddy ! but , it will be so well to see your code and make corrections.

<!- body starts here but do not start putting your contents in->
    <!-this wrapper will wrap your content, declare a margin in your css(ie margin:10px;) to create a fixed margin btw ur website content and the Browser( so, all your contents wont fly out their Boundry anyhow the browser is resized( the div is always closed at the end of all content to wrap them-->
    <- you can start putting contents here-->

<!end of body content here-->

i think this can help you ! i am also a newbiee ..
    my email is
    segun@segsalerty.com
  • Dean1986UkDean1986Uk Posts: 3Member
    HI THANK'S FOR GIVINHG ME SOME ADVICE ABOUT THE PROBLEM IM HAVIN, IVE JUST ABOUT FIXED THE SITE I'M CREATIN BY WRAPPING IT ALL IN A DIV. BUT THERES ANOTHER PROBLEM, IVE GOT TWO VERTICAL NAVIGATION BARS ONE ON LEFT AND ONE ON RIGHT, INSIDE THEM IVE FLOATED THE UNORDERED LISTS (LINKS) AND IVE PUT DISPLAY: BLOCK, BUT WHEN I CLICK VIEW MAKE TEXT BIGGER IN THE BROWSER THE UNORDERED LIST LINKS OVERLAP THE NAVIGATION BORDER'S, AS WELL AS A FEW PARAGRAPH DIV BLOCKS, WHATS THE BEST POSITION FOR THESE DO YOU RECKON? SO THEY WONT OVERLAP AND STAY IN THE NAV BOX? CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP BUDDY. DEAN.
  • segsalertysegsalerty Posts: 2Member
    Uhmm , please can your send me your HOMEPAGE HTML FILE including your CSS file? so i can edit it make corrections and resend back to you .... JUST THE HOMEPAGE! ok ? if i fix the home for you , you can fix the rest with it ! send them to ( support@segsalerty.com)
    my website is www.segsalerty.com ! i really havent finished constructing it but its online ... i do lil of it when i have free time.
    hear from you soon