Fruit machine emulation - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Fruit machine emulation

ProSlotterProSlotter Posts: 2Member
Sorry didn't have a clue where this post was meant to go so just put it here....

Right im not sure if any of you are into fruit machines or fruit machine emulations for that matter, which is where fruit machines are emulated to go onto the computer.

The problem i have got is that there are certain type of fruit machines that cant run or no one has been successful in making an emulater for them, or there is one but it aint been leaked is what i think.

Im not sure if this is the right kind of forum to put this post here but thought its worth a try!

If anyone wants to talk about this then they can add me on [email protected]

Comments

• Malcolm_McLeanMalcolm_McLean Posts: 254Member ✭✭
    In the US there are quite strict regulations on fruit machines. Basically the random number generator has to be so designed that, in practise, the fruit machine company cannot control when payouts will be made.

This also has the effect of making it impossible to write a program that will predict the result of a spin.
    In the US there are quite strict regulations on fruit machines. Basically the random number generator has to be so designed that, in practise, the fruit machine company cannot control when payouts will be made.

This also has the effect of making it impossible to write a program that will predict the result of a spin.
  • ProSlotterProSlotter Posts: 2Member
    I thik you have mis understood me i am looking for someone who can program an emulator like the gameboy emulator etc but for a fruit machine and these arent random number ones either.
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    [color=Blue]"fruit machines"?.. never heard of these![/color]
    You mean something that looks similar to the fruit machine on screen?

This is very doable. You store the wheels, and use a random number generator to spin them, and have a bit of logic to follow the rules for lighting up the nudge buttons and other various bits and bobs.

However whilst it is not difficult, the graphics programming is rather tedious. There might also be problems getting an acceptable quality of display on something as small as a Gameboy.