Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.
I'd like to create a software sampler. I am a vb.net programmer with a little c# experience as well. I've been doing allot of researching and I'm a little confused on which 3rd party plugin to use. DirectSound, DirectMusic, ChucK, the list goes on and on...
I was excited when I came across DirectMusic, but it appears thats no longer used??? I'm not sure. What's the top of the line technology for developing a music player with all the basic music player functions today?
I have some specific needs, but the basics are:
- Play various audio file formats (mainly wav & mp3).
- volume control, pan, output meters
- ability to change the lows, mids & hi freq.
- ability to view the wave form.
- ability to slow down / speed up the music.
- midi functionality... meaning the ability to trigger a sample using a midi interface & controller.
Any guidance/direction would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
0 · ·