Refresh label with a for loop - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Refresh label with a for loop

Hi.

I've just registered and this being my first time on a forum like this, I am in need of some desperate help. I have written an assignment for my students but having no experience of using Delphi before I have had to spend hours learning how to use it. I do have relevant experience Pascal so it makes it easier.

The problem is that the program should ask the user for a password and if entered incorrectly three times, the "logon" button show be inactive forcing the user to close the program. If the user types in the correct password then a simple calculator should be displayed. I can do this but I cannot force the program to:-

1) Display the value for the number of attempts in a read only label

2) Force the program to make the "logon" button inactive after the user has typed an incorrect password three times.

I have displayed the code for the "logon" button below. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

[code]procedure Tnnn.btnlogonClick(Sender: TObject);
var
attempt:Integer;
flag:Boolean;
const
password= 'qwerty';
begin
attempt:=0;
flag:=False;
Repeat
if edtpassword.Text = password then
begin
flag:=True;
lblpassword.Hide;
edtpassword.Hide;
btnlogon.Hide;
lblnumberofattempts.Hide;
edtattempt.Hide;
lbl1stvalue.Show;
lbl2ndvalue.Show;
lblanswer.Show;
sed1stvalue.Show ;
sed2ndvalue.Show;
btnAdd.Show;
btnsubtract.Show;
btnmultiply.Show;
btndivide.Show;
edtAnswer.Show;
bmbreset.Show;
end
else
begin
Inc(attempt);
ShowMessage(IntToStr(attempt));
{Inc(attempt);
edtattempt.text:=IntToStr(attempt);
MessageBox(0, 'Password Incorrect!','Integer Calculator', +mb_ICONINFORMATION);}
end;
until (attempt<4) or (flag=true);
end;[/code]