Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

what are the Prerequisites before taking up a course in ASP.net

Hi all,

I'm looking forward for a career in development.I have been looking around for a institute which would offer me a course on asp.net.Finally managed to find one.They will be teaching me asp.net with c# in 3 months.I have a few queries and hope experts out here will throw some light on it.

1) Do we need to know any other programming language before diving into asp.net.I have been told that one needs to know vb.net, XML, HTML etc as a prerequisite.Is it true?? apart from the languages mentioned above, do i need to learn anything else?i'm totally new to programming.

2)I know that finding a job is not gonna be very easy since there are a lot of programmer's around looking for the same job.So is there anything which i could do so that i can get an edge over others.Like some certifications or something of that kind?

3)any other suggestions for a asp.net aspirant??

thanks in advance.
Hope you guys would give me some valuable suggestions.

Comments

• CyGuyCyGuy Member Posts: 312
    : Hi all,
    :
    : I'm looking forward for a career in development.I have been looking
    : around for a institute which would offer me a course on
    : asp.net.Finally managed to find one.They will be teaching me asp.net
    : with c# in 3 months.I have a few queries and hope experts out here
    : will throw some light on it.
    :
    : 1) Do we need to know any other programming language before diving
    : into asp.net.I have been told that one needs to know vb.net, XML,
    : HTML etc as a prerequisite.Is it true?? apart from the languages
    : mentioned above, do i need to learn anything else?i'm totally new to
    : programming.
    :
    : 2)I know that finding a job is not gonna be very easy since there
    : are a lot of programmer's around looking for the same job.So is
    : there anything which i could do so that i can get an edge over
    : others.Like some certifications or something of that kind?
    :
    : 3)any other suggestions for a asp.net aspirant??
    :
    : thanks in advance.
    : Hope you guys would give me some valuable suggestions.
    :
    Understanding this version of Visual Studio's C# doesn't allow hard-coded XML like you see in web templates, I'm not sure why you don't go with VB; it probably won't be as improtont as say: HTML, WPF, or XML or the like. C# is great, and just as pricy as VB, way to start learning these things and is much better for debugging than Kate Editor.

Not knowing your location or instruction outline, I would recommend familiarizing yourself with the C parser. A good book should define tokens and applications like pointers and object oriented programming even though these topics probably won't show up in the course. This research would, not only help you understand the ins and outs C, it should cover the fundamentals of computer programming.

Good Luck
  • s_sreenaths_sreenath Member Posts: 20
    The only thing u need to know is basics of oops and some knowledge about HTML thats it. XML are hi-Fi terms used which u can get used once if u start ur career in .net.
    "Always Smile :)"
  • CyGuyCyGuy Member Posts: 312
    A couple of years ago, I spent a semester in a course that covered .NET. Aside from the gigantic .NET bindings lib that are all OOPS... the terminology was quite extensive. We spent more time on definitions than actual coding. Should they follow the MS curriculum, my advice to learn the logic first will help you to walk away with results rather than knowledge.