Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

64bit warning resolution...

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
I've got three minor problems with my windowing library that I am now sure how to fix off the top of my head. The library gets a pointer or sets a pointer at several places in the code, but due to the class being pointed to, I get C4312 or C4311, conversion warnings.
[code]
//This line causes a 4312
if((pBase = (BaseWindow*)::GetWindowLong(hwndWindow, 0)) != 0)

//This line causes a 4311
::SetWindowLong(hwndWindow, 0, (LONG)pBase);

//This is another 4312
::CreateWindowEx(dwExStyle, this->GetClass(), pTitle, dwStyle, iX, iY, iWidth, iHeight, hwndParent, (HMENU)uiChildID, hModule, this)
[/code]
The last line has a problem converting from an unsigned integer to an HMENU. However, when you create a child window, you have to specify an ID. How can I get around this one? The other two I have ideas on that I am about to try, but I still need help if they fail.

*EDIT*

No go. My idea of using a LONG* instead of a BaseWindow* for "GetWindowLong()" failed, since I couldn't cast it to a BaseWindow pointer and call methods in it later in the code. I do need this resolved so that I can compile this in 64bit and 32bit.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]