Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Matlab and touchscreen

coops1387coops1387 Posts: 1Member
Hey all,

First post here! Hope ya'll can help me

my group and i are doing a senior design project.

I am coding in Matlab and am using LABJACK(which is a usb interface that can read and control different analog and digital components....the two components are a potentiometer and a variable pressure relief valve which is controlled by a solenoid.)

so to run our machine we are using our laptops which for the finished project is not acceptable. We want to use a touch screen that can accept code(doesnt have to be matlab but it would be preferred...i can do c too.) and is able to control and read the two components we have.

We will be plugging our device into the wall into a 120v outlet.

my questions are....

what kind of touch screen would we need (thinking about 5") and what type of controller would i need to control the touch screen?

ALso how would i hook up the few components i have to the touchscreen(the potentiometer and the valve).

I hope this is clear and thanks in advance for any info yall can give me

Thanks

-Jason

Comments